Every parents want their kids to be successful in their life be it in academic, sports or other fields.
As parent we want our kids to be excel in their:
Of course don’t expect them to be excellent in all those but will try to equip them with the right knowledge and habits.
Talking about habits, it is the most important skills to have in order to achieve what ever you want in life.
There is a popular book about the “Power of Habits” by Charles Duhigg – you must have strong discipline if you want to be good at anything. You must be able to wake up early and study. If you feel tired make move to increase stamina by exercising, at same time it will release your stress.
For my kids, below are the routine that we have together especially if I’m on leave or during weekend.
- Wake up by 6:00AM
- Solat Subuh together
- My kids do their academic exercise from 7:00AM to 8:00AM
- Ride bicycle until 9:00AM
- Have their shower
- Let them play together with their siblings mostly iPad. They play Roblox or Minecraft together.
- Solat Zuhur together
- Another round of extra work
- Then Deef practices his drums while Lish practices her gym.
- Free time for them what ever they want to do but as usual they play iPad.
- Solat Asar together
- Dinner, Solat Maghrib and Isyak together.
- At night usually reviewing back what they have done on their extra works.
- If they are weak on one particular topics, I will jot it down in my excel sheet so I remember that they have to repeat it in next few days to ensure they truly understand and remember how to do it.
I try to achieve life balance for them, not too playful and not too academic etc. I believe in Wasatiyyah.
Surprisingly, the most difficult part is for me to monitor and ensure my kids do the daily routine. My beloved kids will just follow it as people say it is easy to teach kids when they are young.